Pages

DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF CREATIVE?



Hey, Folks!
Joy Sunday!

Today, i wanna bring you to an interesting topic! Creativity and Innovation!
I think all of you guys have ever heard about it. But, sometimes maybe you are still wondering what creativity and innovation is. Well don't worry i will explain them a little bit here.

So, here it is:

Creativity may be defined as idea generation. Being creative is to be able to generate or to come up with ideas.

You know, when you think of an idea, even if it is a naughty  one, you are creative! Similarly, when a scientist, an entrepreneur, or a student seizes on an idea, he/she is exercising creativity.


We can simply say that creativity is a thinking process seizing for idea.


We can also say that creativity as activity creating something out of nothing.

Well, now let's move to innovation! What is innovation? Most of us maybe are familiar with innovation! We may categorize a company such as Google as an innovative corporation, we may also categorize a friend of us as an innovative person, and so on. But, what is innovation? Why do we call Google innovative? Why do we mention a friend of us innovative? What is innovative?

Well...

Innovation can be described as creativity implemented. Innovation is putting the idea into practice.



So, we call Google as an innovative company because they use creativity in the business! We mention someone innovative as he/she apply creativity in the way of his/her thinking or acting! That's why we can imply that creativity is a thinking process while innovation is productive process. Innovation adds value to the idea, which otherwise remains as a mere idea. 

Ok, guys. I think my explanation above is clear enough in describing what creativity and innovation is. But, once, someone ask me "Dedy, do you consider your self creative?"

Let's lebay a little bit by repeating the question:

"Dedy, do you consider your self creative?"

"Dedy, do you consider your self creative?"

"Do i consider my self creative?"

"Of course, i do!"

"I am creative!"

Well, i do consider my self creative because i am human! I believe that all of human was gifted creativity since the day of born. I think creativity is one of the thing that differentiate us, human, from other creations such as animals, plants, rocks, sand, and the other. As a human, we are gifted an ability to think! That's why i do believe all of people are creative. I don't think that pushing a dog to do something creatively is a good idea, because that dog... and also the other dogs, have no ability to think at all! They have no such thing we call as a thinking process, but we, human do!




Then, maybe you think I am doing "bacot" here and ask me to give you an example about my creativity. Well, now, please scroll up this page! Yup, the way i wrote this writing is one example of creativity that i have done recently. As i have mentioned before, creativity can be simply defined as a thinking process seizing for idea.... And i did it! In writing this post, i did seizing for idea about how to write this post well. If you open the home page of this blog, you will also find "Silent, Listen, Read, Think, Write". These words represent my thinking process. I prefer looking for an idea by silence, listening, reading, thinking, and writing. That's my style and i know you may have different style with me. So in this post, i also recommend you guys to not bother yourself by other people judgement saying that you are not creative, because they are wrong. You are creative!

Well, now i wanna talk a little bit about creativity and innovation in our daily life. You know guys, creativity and innovation is really important in our daily life. As a student of Bachelor Entrepreneurship ITB, i am usually studying about business. Then,

Why is creativity and innovation really important in business?

Let's do imagination for awhile, imagine... you go to a market and you find yourself surrounded by so many many sellers. But, then you start to realize that all the sellers in that market sell the same product with same packaging, at the same price, and also with same style of selling! What do you think? It's horrible! There is no differentiation at all on the market. There is no option that you may choose and there is no alternative. You are restricted by an exactly similar product. You can just randomly pick a seller and buy product from him. Don't worry you will find exactly similar product if you buy from the other seller. What a poor life then! hahaha



Now, imagine you are a seller in that market! Surely, as a seller you need to maximize the selling number of your product in order to get higher revenue, higher profit, and also  improve your business better. But, do you think you can do it in that kind of market? Do you think you are able to maximize your performance in business if other seller also provide exactly the same with what you provide? Of course no! This is why, creativity is really important! 

By using creativity, you can differentiate your business to other competitor! Creativity can be useful as a competitive advantage for your business. It helps you to increase your performance. Creativity can be useful as your business uniqueness and also as your business identity.




Okay, friend
That's all that i can share you today. Hopefully, it is useful.
Oh, anyway, in this post i wanna give a challenge for you by asking these questions: 


What is your major or occupation?
Is creativity important in your major or occupation?
Why?

Don't forget to put your answer in the comment space bellow!

You can also watch a video that i've made in Youtube related to this post!

Please kindly check it on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zPNwfe7cqk

Keep in touch!

And stay creative!

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

54 comments:

  1. My major is entrepreneurship. As you know, creativity and innovation are the important thing in my business, without that, maybe my business already collapse.
    Can you tell me how to practice all the point in your article that you already mention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Putri!
      Thank you very much for your response.
      Oke well, as i said before i believe that we have gifted creativity since the day of we born. So i believe me, you and also the other people are creative. To practice this creativity, there are many ideas that we can apply such as doing mind mapping, thinking out of the box, avoiding something routinely, trying new things, and many other. From these options, i usually do mind mapping because by mind mapping i can clearly elaborate an idea that come to my mind, beside of that mind mapping is also interesting for me because I can design them according to my sense of art hahaha.

      Delete
  2. interesting article i have read so far. very creative indeed! oh to answer ur question, i am a student majoring in business administration and of course creativity is important in my major. The reason? well just like what u have mentioned in ur article, so i guess in don't have to repeat the ans. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im major in Administrative/ Management XD Nice statement you got there dedy keep it up! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im major in Administrative/ Management XD Nice statement you got there dedy keep it up! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. My major is global commerce and business administration
    I think creativity is really important
    Think different ! Is the key point to success in business ecosystem
    I think that integration and action are important
    dedy ! Hopely you will be creative entrepreneur !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a great major!
      Thank you for your response . Yeah you are right, think different is a must thing in entrepreneurship.
      Anyway, where are you studying, Aklas?

      Delete
  6. Dude, come on let's do jogging while drinking water and selling cold drink to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting article, I am enjoying reading it. My major is in ***** (Due to identity thief issue it's transferred into starts) so I think creativity and innovation is very important because..... (please go to this link for the explanation--> http://dedyssijabat.blogspot.co.id/2015/10/do-you-consider-yourself-creative.html)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hai dedy, perkenalkan, Yudianto Soeharli, Manajemen Rekayasa Industri
    Jurusan saya sangat berkaitan dengan kreatifitas, karena sebagai engineer kita dituntut untuk bisa merancang, dan ada yang namanya 5C dalam design,salah satunya creativity

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article has good content. Not only the creative content, but also the way you use to tell us is interesting and interactive too. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article bro ded
    My major is accounting. Yes, of course I need creativities. Why? First, I won't to say that it's not because I am in accounting I need it but We really need it since we was born.
    Baby practice to talk, walk it's creativity
    Student study all major, doing task it's creativity
    Ladies choose to fall in love it's creativity
    I chose to be one of an accountan student it's my creativity.
    ...
    Talk about accounting, In this major I learn about cost accounting, when we try to decide our product price, first we must know the cost. How can we determine it? Here we need the creativity to make the right costing so that it's not overcosted or undercosted, because this fault will make our business get loss. Every one don't want it of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank's for your response, Febriana!
      I am really glad having you here. You give us a perspective from accounting side. It's great knowledge for me and also for other.

      Delete
  11. Nice article twidd.. It's awesome.. Ditunggu tulisan2 lainnya..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Ded. Keep up terus yaa sama headlines yang ada supaya makin tahu arah pergerakan dunia kemana dan dari situ bisa melihat kesempatan untuk menyalurkan ide kreatif dan inovatif.

    Aku dari jurusan sustainable and innovative process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an engineer. In me, creative is "when you can find that being an engineer is fun"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am an engineer. In me, creative is "when you can find that being an engineer is fun"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article. I am majoring in Management Business and would like to know more of 'Creativity'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post! I am a business management student, majoring in marketing. Creativity definitely plays a huge role in marketing because it is about how the company communicates the unique selling point of the products / services to the customers. A company may have a different product than that of other companies; however, if the company cannot deliver the distinction of the product to the customers, people may not notice it, let alone to buy the product. Therefore, creativity in marketing is important so as to let people aware of the product being sold.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post Ded! I'm from business management student, and I think creativity is really important in my major. We have to be more creative in making new idea every time and everyday.

    So, is there any connection between creativity and introvert people? I mean that they sometimes being uncommunicative than the extrovert people. Is their creativity will be less than the extrovert one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Marcha! Thank's for your comment. I'm glad having you here with us talking about creativity.

      I disagree that when somebody is introvert and being uncommunicative will decrease their creativity. I think every people has different thinking process. Maybe for an introvert (like me), it is better to think in silence without a must to talk to other, because by silence, it will help us to elaborate idea in our mind. On the other hand, the extrovert maybe can become more productive in elaborating their idea by actively doing communication to others. So, I think I need to change your question become "Is there any connection between creativity and the style of thinking process?" And of course there is. The way you think will effect on creativity that you produce. That's why knowing yourself well is also important in nurturing your creativity.

      Thanks

      Delete
  18. Hello dedy nice post!! Thank you for sharing :D
    I'm a visual communication design student and creativity is more likely the absolute core of my major :) i couldn't agree more on your stance that creativity would differentiate our works to others. It can be related by how we're not only making a good design so it can be properly used as its function, but to set something that would attach the target emotionally well. Creativity is the also the ultimate attribute we should keep on exploring, to even achieve a greater goal which is creating works that will be Indonesia's cultural heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dalam ilmu Teknik Kimia, terutama dalam bidang Bioenergi yang saya sedang dalami, menjadi orang yang kreatif dan inovatif merupakan kunci di dalam menciptakan sumber-sumber energi baru yang dapat membuat seluruh manusia tidak terus berkutat pada lingkaran bahan fosil yang harus segera dialihkan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I know how to win with my competitor in my business
    Hope you always could to give information about creativity

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just wanna ask you
    how to consider creative, but still in line with our faith. I mean, we can be creative, but there are some rules that we can not break.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow its really good blog design hehe, you consider design as your creativity evidence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai, Keke
      I'm glad you are here!
      Actually, I love design and sometime I put creativity on every design I want to create. So, I can say that design is one evidence of my creativity. But, remember, creativity is not all about design heheheh.

      Thanks

      Delete
  23. Hai bang! Artikel yg inspiratif :)
    Bang, saya mau tanya nih, sebagai mahasiswa Matematika, apakah menurut abang saya perlu juga memiliki pemikiran yang kreatif dan inovatif? Mengingat sebagian besar matkul dan pekerjaan di Matematika menggunakan kekuatan logika dan angka dalam penyelesaiannya.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mantaaap bang!
    Emang penting bgt yang namanya kreatif dan inovasi. Emang 2 hal itu kunci perkembangan peradaban manusia.
    Inspiratif! Lanjutkan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good work! I agree with your opinion that each creativity makes difference even in the context of business. So what is your creativity (personality)? How does it contribute your business?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good job! i'm so proud of you
    keep writing ded

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post. A little bit too long but the design cover it well. Good job! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Since you already have many comments, i'll make this one short. I love how you put up the content, good writing, different font size make it less boring. Overall a great post, tho there's a coincidence and similarity with my answers LOL ( check out : https://christinaeepurba.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/am-i-creative/ )
    Keep up the good work ded!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We should and must be creative because it could raise our quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very inspiring ded!
    Jurusan ku adalah Metrologi dan Instrumentasi. Dan tentu saja, kreatifitas merupakan salah satu hal penting dalam jurusan ini. Dengan latar belakang sistem kemetrologian Indonesia yang belum stabil dan berjalan dengan ideal, kami selalu didorong untuk membuat inovasi khususnya dalam alat ukur, alat kalibrasi dan alat peneraan yang dapat membantu aktivitas perdagangan Indonesia mempunyai ukuran yg akurat, presisi dan dipercaya.


    ReplyDelete
  31. Creativity is important in every job even just civil servants. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good luck my bro! Sukses buat bisnisnyaa makin kreatif makin yoi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good luck my bro! Sukses buat bisnisnyaa makin kreatif makin yoi

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi ka Dedy :)
    Being in this major (entrepreneurship), I think that innovation is a crucial part, especially in marketing and operation section.
    By being innovative, we can be remembered and it is a big part esp in marketing.

    Goodluck on ur midterm

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi ka Dedy :)
    Being in this major (entrepreneurship), I think that innovation is a crucial part, especially in marketing and operation section.
    By being innovative, we can be remembered and it is a big part esp in marketing.

    Goodluck on ur midterm

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a nice post and great blog anyway! Well, I'm an Information and System Technology student. Why are they (creativity and innovation) important for my major? Hm, as you know, technology nowadays just increase rapidly like even there's new technology for each second passed. To compete it, I have to be creative and have my own innovation. As you've talked above, both of them are related. I learn a little bit of business. And I do agree with your statement that business does need creativity and innovation. For myself, I want to focus in website designing which demand me to be more creative that I've ever been. I guess that's all. Good luck on your midterm!

    warm regards,
    the growing little girl
    Eka Theresia

    ReplyDelete
  37. can i ask you to teach me how to be a creative people? Keep it up with your creative lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow such a nice article! I am in a major pf physic think that creativity is one of the human potential that we should explore. Keep it up, brotha!

    Best regards,
    stefanus

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice post and creative video Ded! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I heard you make a new business, what is it? i hope your next post about your business. Goodluck bang ded!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Grate! This post is a very good tool to study creativity.

    ReplyDelete