Pages

SCAMPER! CREATIVITY IS YOURS!


Have you ever heard about SCAMPER?
Yeah, SCAMPER is a creativity tools from mindtools.com. I got knowledge about SCAMPER from my class "Creativity and Innovation" course. Before talking more about SCAMPER, I want to let you know that I am so glad joining this course. Although the class is a little bit boring, I am still enjoying the class as far in my past I claimed myself as creative hehehe! In this course we have learned so much about creativity, innovation, creative industry, and also improving products and service using SCAMPER!

Ok, let's back again to SCAMPER!
SCAMPER is an abbreviation of Substitute, Combine, Adapt, Modify, Purpose (In my class, we named it Put to other uses), Eliminate, and the last Rearrange/Reverse.

It can be often difficult to come up with new ideas when you are trying to develop or improve a product or service, doesn't it? Or maybe sometime, it can be also hard for you to generate ideas for your assignment. I know it because I've also experienced that. So, I think this SCAMPER will be helpful.

During my class two weeks ago, I've got group assignment from the lecturer to do SCAMPER of a simple thing around us. And you know, our group picked an eraser as the object of our experiments doing SCAMPER!

So here are the results :D

Substitute : We substituted the material of eraser from rubber to gel! Our new eraser will be eatable, consist of many taste, color, and aromatics! So, if you are hungry during study, you can just eat your eraser! LOL. Is it weird? No, It is not. This is what we call creativity - try to think as wild as you can to get breakthrough ideas!

Combine : In order to get multi-functional eraser, we combined it with flash drive and also storage of mechanical pencil refill.

Adapt : Let's a little bit environmental friendly! What about adapt eraser's package become post it and mini-calendar? So, it will be zero waste!

Modify : In modify, our group put extra feature to eraser so it can become key chain!

Purpose : Have you ever tried playing lego by using eraser? Hmm, it must be interesting!

Eliminate : No need packaging!

Rearrange/Reverse : (I have no idea what to do to rearrange eraser)

Okay, that's all that I can share right now. For getting further information about SCAMPER, you can visit this link https://www.mindtools.com I realize that my way in doing SCAMPER to eraser is not really good enough, so I hope you can do better in "SCAMPERing" any stuff around you and be creative!

See you in the next post! DSS

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment